Chirp is a Windows Mobile application designed to make very cheap international calls via wide variety of Betamax providers. Application uses device internet connection to send control commands to Betamax servers which connect any two landline or mobile phones.
- supports 26 Betamax providers
- selects optimal available provider depending on source and destination tariffs
- connects any 2 landline or mobile phones. Numbers should be entered in international form (+ country code - are code - phone number)
- allows to check account balance. Supports Freedays feature
- shows detailed billing information during call: projected tariff (stored in DB), actual tariffs, connection fees, connection time, total credits used
- supports integrated phone book
- ready for all Windows Mobile devices with resolutions 240x240 and above (both portrait and landscape). Optimal for 240x320/240x400/480x640/480x800 portrait devices
- free calls to various popular landline and mobile destinations like: United States, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Singapore
- free calls to various popular landline destinations like: United Kingdom, Sweden, Finland, France, Greece, Japan, Latvia, Poland, Czech Republic, Australia, Brazil, and lot more
- uses internet only for connecting with Betamax servers. Traffic is limited to control commands amounts of which are acceptable even to EDGE/GPRS connections. WiFi is optimal
- after Betamax server accepts commands and establishes session, source and destination phones are connected via callback, thus no outgoing calls
- application uses internal DB to analyze phone geographic attributes and providers' tariffs which can differ on moment of actual call
Chirp is a free trial software application from the Telephony subcategory, part of the Communications category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2010-12-30. The program can be installed on WinMobile, Pocket PC, Handheld/Mobile Other, Windows Mobile 2005.
Chirp (version 1.2) has a file size of 3.02 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 204 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.